7 types of substances are under investigation and consultation for their potential inclusion to EU RoHS list of restricted substances. These hazardous substances, which are used in various applications in electrical and electronic equipment, are:
- Beryllium & its compounds
- Cobalt Dichloride & Cobalt Sulphate
- Diantimony Trioxide (flame retardant)
- Indium Phosphide
- Medium Chain Chlorinated Paraffins (MCCPs)
- Nickel Sulphate & Nickel Sulfamate
- Tetrabromobisphenol A (TBBP-A) (flame retardant)
All of these substances have potential negative effects on human health or the environment. If any, the new RoHS candidate substances will not be officially added to the RoHS list before 2023. The Swedish Oeko-Institut is in charge of this initiative, requested by the European Commission.
Should you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.