Tel. +1 (514) 887-7871
|Substance Name||_____CAS#_____||Where used|
Intermediate and monomer for polymer production of paints, lacquers, varnishes, surface treatment, and cleaning/washing agents. Impurities in mixtures above 0.1% are reported.
- Catalyst, starting material, chemical intermediate or component in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals, photographic and photothermographic chemicals, dyes and pigments, agricultural chemicals and rubber.
- Polymerization crosslinking accelerator and hardener for epoxy resin systems for semiconductor potting compounds and soldering mask as well as a component of numerous polymers including epoxy resin pastes, acrylic rubber-fluororubber laminates, films, adhesives, textile finishes, and epoxy silane coatings.
- Dyeing auxiliary for acrylic fibers and plastic foams.
- Mainly used in the manufacturing of fabricated metal products, machinery and equipment, transport equipment, and chemicals and chemical products (mainly paints, lacquers and varnishes).
- In cosmetics, personal care products, and pharmaceuticals.
- Heat/pressure transfer fluid in closed systems.
- Transfer of chemicals, closed batch processing in synthesis or formulation, mixing in open batch processes, closed processes.
In adhesives, sealants, coatings and paints, thinners, paint removers, paper, and board treatment products, dyes, finishing and impregnation products including bleaches and other processing aids, polymer preparations in production of resins and rubber, and textile dyes for the manufacture of textiles, leather, fur, wood and wood products, pulp, paper and paper products, rubber products, computer, electronic and optical products, electrical equipment, building & construction work and general manufacturing, e.g. machinery, equipment, vehicles, other transport equipment.
Note on Resorcinol:
Resorcinol (CAS# 108-46-3) has also been considered as a potential additional SVHC.
However, on June 16th, 2020, a note from the ECHA Member State Committee (MSC) indicated that there were no consensual agreement on the endocrine-disrupting properties of Resorcinol. As a result, the European Commission REACH Committee rejected Resorcinol as a new SVHC.
Resorcinol is used in the formulation or repacking in the manufacture of rubber compounds of tires, rubber compounds, dipping of resin, cosmetic products, hair dye formulation, Phenol Resorcinol Formaldehyde resin, wood adhesive, coatings, other adhesives, sealants. https://echa.europa.eu/documents/10162/53d2eb0e-b0e8-fabb-b4b0-a56c246cb0a3
As a result, the current SVHC list now has 209 Substances of Very High Concern (SVHCs).
The Enviropass' Product Compliance EPEC Form will be updated accordingly.
Do you want to know more about EU REACH ?
Should you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact Enviropass.