Tel. +1 (514) 887-7871
REACH list of 211 SVHC
Austria and Sweden have proposed to the European Union these 2 SVHCs (Substances of Very High Concern) as additional substances on the REACH SVHC list:
CAS # (Chemical Abstracts Service)
||Where used (examples)|
Also called tetraglyme, Tetraethylene glycol dimethyl ether, and TetraEGDME
- In in lithium-ion battery technology;
- Manufacture of soldering fluxes and solder pastes, of computers, electronics, and optical products;
- Production of binders for paints, adhesives;
- Used in paints and adhesive removers;
- HFC/CFC lubricant in automotive air conditioning, compressors;
- Printing and reproduction of recorded media,
- Solvent used in flue gas cleaning systems;
- Volatile organic compounds (VOC) extractors, from solid wastes;
- Additive for the fixation of methylated methylolmelamine resins in durable-press cotton and cellulosic fabrics
|Dioctyltin dilaurate, stannane, dioctyl-, bis(coco acyloxy) derivs., and any other stannane, dioctyl-, bis(fatty acyloxy) derivs. wherein C12 is the predominant carbon number of the fatty acyloxy moiety||3648-18-8 and others||
- Widespread use for the manufacture of plastic products, fabrics, textiles, apparel, and leather;
- Stabilisers and catalysts in the production of plastics, rubber, adhesives, and sealants, coatings and paints, thinners, paint removers, fillers, putties, plasters, modeling clay, metal surface treatment products, non-metal-surface treatment products, ink and toners, products such as pH regulators, flocculants, precipitants, neutralization agents, leather treatment products, paper, and board treatment products, polishes and wax blends, polymer preparations and compounds, textile dyes and impregnating products as well as washing and cleaning products.
- The European Union suspects bis(2-(2-methoxyethoxy)ethyl) ether is of being toxic for the reproduction, as it may damage fertility, and of potentially damaging the unborn child.
- Dioctyltin dilaurate and stannane, dioctyl-, bis(coco acyloxy) derivs are also classified by the European Union as toxic for the reproduction.
Any comments to the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) on these two proposed substances are welcome until October 16th, 2020.
If these two substances are approved, the SVHC list will consequently
contain 211 Substances of Very High Concern, by the end of 2020.
Should you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact Enviropass.